Old 04-27-2012, 11:37 PM

Default Possibly the Biggest Rip Off Ever

A friend of mine was watching an episode of Hardcore Pawn (I'm not sure why...) the other day and told me that a man came in with an enormous handmade casket that held between forty five and sixty five Living Dead Dolls...know how much he got for the whole thing? $250....dude was so ripped. :P

I only have like 26 dolls and my collection is worth roughly $1,620...dang.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Possibly the Biggest Rip Off Ever

I watched that episode and he did have a bunch of LDD in there. But I think it was around 15 dolls and the guy just wanted $250 so he could start his chicken farm. But the owner only offered $60 for them all and the dumb man took that. I would have given him $250 for all of those. Sybil wasn't in her original outfit though. But he did have some nice dolls. And on top of that if you go to the website, they are selling a lot of 10 of his dolls for $495.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:41 AM

Oooh! I need to find this episode!
Old 04-28-2012, 12:48 AM

OMG I KNOW!! I was sooooooooooooo mad when I saw this episode that I was yelling at the television and scared my father! I would have given him the $250 for all of them and that handmade casket cause that casket was cool! But yeah that really made me made. Also checking eBay to find out how much they are.... don't they know that people either overprice or underprice their stuff on there? Seriously eBay isn't the most reliable place in the world to get a feel for how much something costs.
Dying to own: Any minis,The Lost (preferably the one in the black dress with dollie in the white dress), Variant Eleanor, Variant Nohell, Mildread, Edgar Allan Poe and Annabel Lee, Resurrection Sadie Variant, Sybil as the Mad Hatter, Walpurgis, either Countess Bathory, & more.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:55 AM

yup, saw that episode...irritating!!! i wanted to go thru the tv and show them what-for!

http://www.facebook.com/mikafrei
http://mikafrei.deviantart.com

lüking 4:
ANY minis *esp. misery, posey, schitzo, alice, fx eggy certificate, and penny*
Res. V. Lou, Jubilee, Morgana, S13 charm, DC/CB's
Dee K's dress and shoes, and Jasper's skirt and legging's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feedback Thread
Young_artist_88 +93

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein

"WORMS I TELL YOU!"
- twiztidsheepie
Old 04-28-2012, 01:14 AM

I had to search for awhile to find it but I believe it's season 5 episode 18, but yea he was ripped off, even though the dolls didn't look in the best condition that was worth more than what they offered

Old 04-28-2012, 02:03 AM

With ebay I'm honestly surprised people still use pawn shops. Anyone with a bit of nous will do research and find out what is worth what and offer it for sale for the prices.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:13 AM

seriously though, I doubt they'd even know what Living dead dolls are... I've gotten quite a few dolls (not just Ldd's) from 2nd hand stores for dirt cheap because they had no idea and just wanted to get rid of them

looking for: hazel and hattie, captain bonney, misery, died and doom, simone, evangeline, jack and jill, penny, series 2 mini mausoleum, american gothic, series 10 (except wolfgang) series 11 (except killbaby)

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/ravan_666
Old 04-28-2012, 10:23 AM

I think the reason they were cheap was because if it's at a pawn shop, chances are not a lot of people will want it. Trust me on that.
I actually went to a shop and they sold Sybil for 40 (She was gone before I had the money)

But yeah, I agree, the guy was ripped off.

My patron troll just happens to be the strongest troll in the land.

I like scarves
Old 04-28-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra_syn View Post
I watched that episode and he did have a bunch of LDD in there. But I think it was around 15 dolls and the guy just wanted $250 so he could start his chicken farm. But the owner only offered $60 for them all and the dumb man took that. I would have given him $250 for all of those. Sybil wasn't in her original outfit though. But he did have some nice dolls. And on top of that if you go to the website, they are selling a lot of 10 of his dolls for $495.

Yeah, I just heard about the episode, so I didn't know the exacts...and that just proves how crooked a lot of these pawn shops could be....you should deff know your stuff before you go in there. :P
Old 04-28-2012, 11:37 AM

Sometimes, it feels like some pawn shops just don't know how much something would be worth (although they pretend they do). :P It's not like dolls aren't in high demand...well, in a pawn shop I can see how some people would be a little weirded out, but we absolutely have a large fan base! Even if they weren't in great condition, he was still wayy ripped. We should go there and tell them straight up! ;P Hahaha
Old 04-28-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
where? I cant find them
Old 04-28-2012, 10:56 PM

Who was it? I remember a guy on here WAY back when who made a coffin display case for their LDDs and I can't remember who it was now. Wonder if it was the same person...
Old 04-29-2012, 07:30 PM

"The man providing the running theme through this episode was a guy named Dirty who wore jean overalls with no shirt underneath. He first tried to sell Les a “Redneck Tricycle”, which had been modified by Dirty to run on a motor. Dirty needed money to start a chicken coop so he could harvest his own eggs. The pull chain of the motor broke and there was no deal. Later, Dirty came back with a collection of “living dead” dolls. He had a lot of them and Les hammered him on the price. The dolls sold for $60 down from the $250 the guy originally asked. Les does not budge on his offers; he is a stone cold negotiator.Dirty, the overall guy came back one more time with his new chickens. He opened the cage in the store and Les and company had to chase the birds around for a bit."

Who wants to buy all of them for $495.00?

http://www.pawndetroit.com/p-2076-li...set-of-10.aspx

Oh by the way, Sybil looks different in Schooltime Sadie's outfit, Schooltime Sadie magically receives Lottie's umbrella and Sheena stole Macumba's hat

RIP Robin.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:41 PM

Hey! The kept Macumba! lol XD
Old 04-30-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drea View Post

Oh by the way, Sybil looks different in Schooltime Sadie's outfit, Schooltime Sadie magically receives Lottie's umbrella and Sheena stole Macumba's hat
OMG I actually dressed my loose Sybil with Sadie's outfit just like that. Only she's the one who stole Macumber's hat and now she won't give it back. I have to keep them apart cause they keep fighting.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:06 PM

Now it would have been better for them to sell the dolls one by one instead as a lot for $495. It just goes to show you how some people will take from you. I know it's a pawn shop but still I think they could have done a better price for the dolls. Considering how much they gave for them to what they are selling them for.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Now it would have been better for them to sell the dolls one by one instead as a lot for $495. It just goes to show you how some people will take from you. I know it's a pawn shop but still I think they could have done a better price for the dolls. Considering how much they gave for them to what they are selling them for.

It was like a cheat. :P
Old 05-01-2012, 01:23 AM

I wonder if those will ever sell... that price is insane.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:49 PM

No need to wonder they have sold. i wonder who bought them
Looking for: White rabbit, Yuki ona, Andras, Party lights, White eggy 2inch fig, Red riding hoods hood,ClaretWinter,Posey,Sybil,Purdy,maggot,killbaby,rai n,chloe,'to name a few, if you have ANY of those pm me please!
R.I.P Garfield the best cat ever, my cat, best friend and sister I will ALWAYS love you and miss you. You can't ask for a better, sweeter, cuter, funny, protective or loving cat.